Topeka Police Credit Union Privacy Act Policy
This credit union is committed to making available financial products and services that will enable our members to meet their financial needs and reach their financial goals. Protecting personal information and using it in a manner consistent with member expectations is a high priority for everyone associated with the credit union.
- The credit union will collect only the personal information that is necessary to conduct our business. The means obtaining just what is necessary to provide competitive financial products and services and no more.
- This credit union will protect members personal information. The credit union will maintain strong security controls to ensure that member information in our files and computers is protected. Where appropriate, we will use security-coding techniques to protect against unauthorized access to personal records, ensure accuracy and integrity of communications and transactions, and protect member confidentiality.
- Members will always have access to their information. Members will always have the opportunity to review their information and make necessary changes to ensure that our records are complete and accurate.
- The credit union will only share information when absolutely necessary. We will only share information to administer the products and services we provide, when required to do so by statute, or when we partner with other businesses to offer a broader array of products and services.
- The credit union will partner only with businesses that follow strict confidentiality requirements. The businesses we select will offer products designed to enhance our members' economic well being. Under no circumstances will we authorize these firms to charge members'' accounts without members' express consent, and we will not sell member information to telemarketing firms.